Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Let's Drink Milk!
Milk, who has never drink milk? Almost every human being had drink milk in his/her life. Yeah, well, there are some people with lactose intolerance. That is a different case. The truth is milk plays an important part in our life.
So, what is the big deal about milk anyway?
Milk, cheese and yogurt all provide the following beneficial nutrients in varying quantities.
* Calcium - for healthy bones and teeth
* Phosphorous - for energy release
* Magnesium - for muscle function
* Protein - for growth and repair
* Vitamin B12 - for production of healthy cells
* Vitamin A - for good eyesight and immune function
* Zinc - for immune function
* Riboflavin - for healthy skin
* Folate - for production of healthy cells
* Vitamin C - for formation of healthy connective tissues.
* Iodine - for regulation of the body's rate of metabolism (how quickly the body burns energy and the rate of growth
1 glass of milk alone can make a contribution to the daily recommended intake of many important nutrients for all age groups.
It is amazing to see what milk can do the healing parts. For children, if they don;t want to drink it, maybe you can try to blend some fruits with it.