Thursday, September 23, 2010
Dragon Fruit Health Benefits!
The dragon fruit nutrient profile is loaded with fiber and vitamin C, as well as other important nutrients, but dried dragon fruit (or fresh dragon fruit) is not something you should expect to see in every gourmet fruit basket you may find, but it's well worth looking for pitahaya fruit if you travel abroad outside the United States where it's often common enough that no one might even call it a gourmet fruit (inside the US Dragon Fruit is less commonly available).
* Dragon fruit help to lower blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes.
* Dragon fruit prevent formation of cancer causing free radicals.
* Dragon fruit helps moisturize and smoothen skin and decrease bad cholesterol level.
* Dragon fruit helps improve appetite.
* Dragon fruit can enhance the body metabolism because of its protein content.
* Dragon fruit helps improve digestion and reduce fat.
* Dragon fruit helps maintain the health of the eyes.
* Dragon fruit helps strengthen the bones and teeth.
* Dragon fruit helps in tissue development.
* Dragon fruit promotes healing of cuts and bruise.
* Dragon fruit helps improve memory.